There are many things we can be praying for. The items in this post are drawn from some of the Prayer cycles we are involved with.
Pray for those known who suffer in body, mind, spirit or estate.
The Collect for this week
your wounds declare your love for the world
and the wonder of your risen life:
give us compassion and courage
to risk ourselves for those we serve,
to the glory of God the Father.
From Durham Diocese
Fifth Sunday of Easter
– For our local Hospital Queen Elizabeth Gateshead, for all who suffer and await treatment or diagnosis, for all staff and volunteers and for the Chaplaincy team as they continually meet the challenge of Covid- 19
– Episcopal Church in Jerusalem & The Middle East; Most Revd Suheil Dawani
– For our Vacant Parishes: St. Andrew Leam Lane, Bensham and Teams St. Chad, Heworth St. Mary, as they pray and prepare ahead for a new Priest to lead them in the next stage of Mission and Ministry.
– The Diocesan Deliverance Ministry Team
– Diocese of Central Buganda – Uganda; Rt Revd Michael Lubowa
English Saints and Martyrs of the Reformation Era
– For all who work together to challenge injustice and poverty, our Food Banks and Food co-ops, those who are homeless, also for Asylum seekers and refugees and all who support them. For young people, their families, their teachers and mentors and voluntary organisations that support and enable their growth and wellbeing in these challenging times.
– Area Deans and Lay Chairs meeting
– Diocese of West Buganda – Uganda; Rt Revd Henry Katumba-Tamale
– Gateshead Team Ministry, St James and St Bede Church Centre, and St Edmund’s Chapel, PiC: Revd Margaret Mackay, MSE Associate Minister: Revd Adele Phillips, PM’s: Thomas Rae, Mrs Joyce Lewis
– Interviews for a Digital Media Officer
– Diocese of Buhiga – Burundi : Rt Revd Evariste Nijimbere
– Gateshead Fell, St John the Evangelist, PiC: Revd Danie Lindley, Associate Minister: Revd Kenneth Coulson, Reader in Training: John Mayes
– Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor: Mrs Beth Miller
– Diocese of Bujumbura – Burundi ; Rt Revd Eraste Bigirimana
John of Beverley Bishop, Healer, 721
– Windy Nook St Alban, PiC: Revd Danie Lindley, Associate Minister: Revd Kenneth Coulson
– Diocese of Bukavu – Congo: Rt Revd Sylvestre Bahati
Julian of Norwich, Spiritual Writer, c.1417
– Gateshead St George, PiC: Revd Rich Grant, Reader: Stephen Sanders
– Diocesan Adviser in Pastoral Care and Counselling: Simon Rose
– Diocese of Bukedi – Uganda: Rt Revd Samuel Egesa
From the Parish Cycle
Those living in
Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service
Pray for our Government
Churches Together in South Tyneside
This week’s Prayer Points pdf is available here.