There are many things we can be praying for. The items in this post are drawn from some of the Prayer cycles we are involved with.
Pray for those known who suffer in body, mind, spirit or estate.
The Collect for this week
you filled your disciples with boldness and fresh hope:
strengthen us to proclaim your risen life
and fill us with your peace,
to the glory of God the Father.
From Durham Diocese
Third Sunday of Easter
– Revd Matt Levinsohn, being licensed as Priest-in-Charge of All Saints’ Preston-on-Tees and St Mary’s, Long Newton by Bishop Paul
– The Pulse—Easter Special online for Children and Young People 7.00pm
– The Church of Ireland: The Most Revd John McDowell
Alphege, Archbishop of Canterbury, Martyr, 1012
– Newbottle St Matthew, Vicar: Revd Eddy Wilkinson, Readers: Malcolm Adamson, Thomas Dick, Stephen Holmes
– Vocations to ministry from every deanery in the Diocese.
– Diocese of Boga – Congo: Rt Revd Mugenyi William Bahemuka
– Houghton le Spring St Michael and All Angels, PiC: Revd John Barron, Curate; Revd John D’Silva, Readers Mrs Susan Elsey, Mrs Ros Pickersgill, Mrs Anne Clappison, PM’s, Mrs Thelma Steel, Mrs Elaine Harkness, Mrs Evelyn Garbutt
– Finance Group meeting
– Diocese of Bolivia – South America: Rt Revd Raphael Samuel
Anselm, Abbot of Le Bec, Archbishop of Canterbury, Teacher of the Faith, 1109
– Revd James Harvey being licensed as Priest in Charge of St Cuthbert’s & Holy Trinity, Darlington at 7.00pm by Bishop Paul
– West Rainton St Mary, East Rainton St Cuthbert: PiC Revd John Estall, Associate Minister; Revd Tony Holden Reader: Mr Julian Ward
– Diocese of Bondo – Kenya; Rt Revd David Kodia
– Barnard Castle Deanery: Revd Canon Alec Harding (Area Dean) Wendy Greenfield (Lay Chair) Lynne Lobley (Sec) Peter Graham (Treas); Thanks for the deanery’s churches’ deep involvement in the life of these rural parishes
– Bishop’s Council (AGM)
– Funeral Directors & those ministering to the families of those who died
– Diocese of Bor – South Sudan : Most Revd Ruben Akurdid Ngong
George, Martyr, Patron of England c304
– St Mary’s Middleton in Teesdale: Revd Alison Wallbank (Ass Min); Ongoing renovation project/funding and the future worshipping in the Methodist Building whilst St Mary’s remains closed.; Middleton Nursery and Primary school and new HT Jill Hodgson; UTASS (Upper Teesdale Agricultural Support Service) and their work with the farming community and young people in the dale
Holy Trinity Eggleston: Revd Alison Wallbank ; Revd Ruth Stables (retired); Ongoing fundraising for the problem of water ingress.
St James the Less, Forest: Revd Alison Wallbank (Associate Minister); Forest Primary School and Head Sarah Hodgkinson
– Diocese of Botswana – Central Africa; Rt Revd Metlhayotlhe Beleme
Mellitus, Bishop of London, First Bishop of St Paul’s 624
Seven Martyrs of the Melanesian Brotherhood, Solomon Islands 2003
– St Mary’s, Gainford: Revd Eileen Harrop (PinC); Canon Neil Russell (retired); Geoff and Sue Taylor, and Peter Graham (Churchwardens and worship leaders); Christine Graham (Children’s Church); Peter Dransfield (Production editor);
James Masters (Vocations Candidate); Organists and Musicians (Leaders: Brian Harrop; Revd Canon Neil Russell); The Open the Book Team and Bake through the Bible ministry; St Mary’s Youth; Alpha Youth; and Awake Young People’s ministry; Gainford C of E Primary School – Chris Riley HT and the Growing Faith ministry; Men’s Fellowship; Young Leaders’ Fellowship; all Fellowship groups; Way of Life Pilgrimage – fresh community engagement and encounters with Christ
– Diocese of Brandon – Rupert’s Land, Canada: Rt Revd William Cliff
From the Parish Cycle
Those living in
Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government
Pray for our local community and local government
Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan
Churches Together in South Tyneside
This week’s Prayer Points pdf is available here.