There are many things we can be praying for. The items in this post are drawn from some of the Prayer cycles we are involved with.
Pray for those known who suffer in body, mind, spirit or estate.
The Collect for this week
True and humble king,
hailed by the crowd as Messiah:
grant us the faith to know you and love you,
that we may be found beside you
on the way of the cross,
which is the path of glory.
From Durham Diocese
– Prison Chaplains, Holme House: Revd Kate Brooke, Revd Sue Bell, Durham: Revd Canon Matthew Tetley, Revd Rebecca Amoroso: Frankland (High Security): Revd Andrew West, Low Newton (Women): Revd Sarah Parkinson
– Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui: The Most Revd Andrew Chan
Monday of Holy Week
– Diocesan Leader of Youth Mission and Ministry: Andy Harris
– Diocese of Bari – Nigeria: The Rt Revd Idris Ado Zubairu
– Those whose work is unfulfilling, stressful or fraught with danger
Tuesday of Holy Week
– Stanley St Andrew & South Moor St George, Vicar: Revd Steph Clark, Curate: Revd Thomas Daglish, Reader in Training: Kevin Freeman
– Lindisfarne College of Theology, Principal: Revd Dr David Bryan, staff and students training for ministry
– Diocese of Baringo – Kenya: The Rt. Rev. Musa Kamuren
Wednesday of Holy Week
– Senior Force Chaplain Durham Police: Canon Adrian Gatrill
– The Diocesan Deliverance Ministry Team
– Diocese of Barrackpore – North India: The Rt Revd Paritosh Canning
– ‘So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.’
– For those who reaffirm their ordination vows today
– Diocese of Bath & Wells: Rt Revd Peter Hancock retiring due to ill health.
– ‘God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life’ Jn 3:16
– ‘I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.’
– All those martyred for their faith especially those living under regimes aggressively hostile to the Christian faith
– Diocese of Bathurst – NSW Australia Rt Rev Mark Calder
– Chester le Street & Houghton Synod Area Dean: Revd John Lintern, Lay Chair: Dr Simon Wilkinson, Secretary: Andrew Cresswell, Treasurer: Dr James Gollan
– Diocese of Bauchi – Jos, Nigeria: Rt Revd Musa Mwin Tula
From the Parish Cycle
Those living in Cleadon but relating to Whitburn
Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Pray for Green issues and rural concerns
China, Hong Kong, Macao
Churches Together in South Tyneside
This week’s Prayer Points pdf is available here.