There are many things we can be praying for. The items in this post are drawn from some of the Prayer cycles we are involved with.
Pray for those known who suffer in body, mind, spirit or estate.
The Collect for this week
you gave up your Son
out of love for the world:
lead us to ponder the mysteries of his passion,
that we may know eternal peace
through the shedding of our Saviour’s blood,
Jesus Christ our Lord.
From Durham Diocese
Fifth Sunday of Lent
– The Revd Diane Ryan, to be licensed as Priest in Charge of High Spen St Patrick and Rowlands Gill St Barnabas, and of Blaydon St Cuthbert, subject to the completion of all legal requirements. Diane will be licensed and installed by the Bishop of Durham at 4.00pm.
– The Church of England: The Most Revd and Rt Hon Justin Welby
– Board of Education
– Parish Giving Champion: Nathan Bruce and Finance Resources Co-ordinator: Samantha Amsden
– Diocese: Bahamas &Turks & Caicos Islands: Rt Revd Laish Boyd
– DAC meeting, Chair: Sandra Robertson, Buildings for Mission Secretary: Daniel Spraggon
– For Licensed Lay Ministries—Warden: Revd Dr Alastair Prince, Sub Wardens: Revd Hilary Avent, Dr Jocelyn Bryan, Mrs Amanda Petch, Mrs Connie Robinson, Mr Andrew Trigger and Mrs Mavis Worsley
– Diocese of Bukuru – Nigeria: The Rt Revd Jwan B. N. Zhumbes
Walter Hilton of Thurgarton, Augustinian Canon, Mystic 1396
Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador, Martyr, 1980
Paul Couturier, Priest, Ecumenist, 1953
– Burnopfield and Dipton St James, Tanfield St Margaret of Antioch Vicar: Revd Dr Andrew Miller, Curate: Revd Alison Miller, Reader: Mrs Jill Nattrass, PM: Ms Kathy Nevin
– Cranmer Hall, Revd Professor David Wilkinson, Principal, St John’s College, Warden: Revd Dr Philip Plyming, Revd Emma Parker, Deputy Warden, Staff and students in training for ministry
– Diocese of Ballarat – Australia: The Rt Revd Garry Weatherill
Annunciation of Our Lord to the Blessed Virgin Mary
– Bishop Glyn Webster, Fr Paul Kennedy, members of the Society of St Wilfred and St Hilda
– The Diocese of Bangor – Wales: The Rt Revd Andrew John
– School communities, teachers, staff and pupils in current conditions
Harriet Monsell, Founder of the Community of St John the Baptist 1883
– Durham Lesotho Link: Revs Rob & Margaret Bianchi EO: Joseph Morenammele
– North East Churches Acting Together, Regional Officer: Revd Joanne Thorns
– Diocese of Banks & Torres: Melanesia: Rt Revd Alfred Patterson Worek
– Lanchester All Saints and Burnhope St John the Evangelist, PiC: Revd Lesley Sutherland, Readers: Peter Jackson, Mrs Doreen Park
– Lanchester Endowed Parochial CE Primary School, HT: Mrs Jane Davis
– Diocese of Barbados – The West Indies: The Rt Revd Michael Maxwell
– The emergency services, Police, Fire and Ambulance; for safety.
From the Parish Cycle
Those living in
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Pray for those who provide energy for transport or utilities, those in manufacturing
Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam
Churches Together in South Tyneside
This week’s Prayer Points pdf is available here.