There are many things we can be praying for. The items in this post are drawn from some of the Prayer cycles we are involved with.
Pray for those known who suffer in body, mind, spirit or estate.
The Collect for this week
you know the disorder of our sinful lives:
set straight our crooked hearts,
and bend our wills to love your goodness and your glory
in Jesus Christ our Lord.
From Durham Diocese
Sunday next before Lent
– Hospital Chaplains: Revd Kevin Tromans, Senior Chaplain. (Durham and Darlington), Revd Peter Webb and Revd Remi Omole (Sunderland), Vacant (Sherburn), Revd Gareth Rowlands and Revd Joan Robinson (Gateshead), Vacant (North Tees and Hartlepool), Revd Jon Goode, Revd Dr Simon Mason (Tyne and Wear), Revd Canon Caroline Worsfold and Revd Pat Bealing (South Tyneside), Canon Colin Jay, Revd Osaro Omobude and Revd Debbie Baker, (Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys)
– The Anglican Church of Canada: Most Revd Linda Nicholls
Sigfrid, Bishop, Apostle of Sweden, 1045
Thomas Bray, Priest, Founder of SPCK and SPG 1730
– The Mother’s Union: President Kathleen Wilson JP, Chaplain: Revd Norma Clee
– Ven Libby Wilkinson and the team of Diocesan Support Staff
– For United Society Partners in the Gospel
– The Diocese of South Ankole, Uganda: Rt Revd Nathan Ahimbisibwe
– The work of aid agencies throughout the world: relief for effects of COVID
– Our Archdeacons, Rick Simpson (Auckland), Bob Cooper (Sunderland), and Libby Wilkinson (Durham)
– Durham Cathedral — Musicians and Vergers, Daniel Cook, Master of Choristers. Sub-organist Joseph Beech, Jeffrey Hewitt, Head Verger
– DAC meeting, Chair: Sandra Robertson, Buildings for Mission Secretary: Daniel Spraggon
– The Diocese of West Ankole, Uganda: Rt Revd Johnson Twinomujuni
– Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return.
Turn away from sin and be faithful to Christ.
– Dio of Antananarivo, Indian Ocean: Rt Revd Samoela Jaona Ranarivelo
– Bishop Glyn Webster, Fr Paul Kennedy, members of the Society of St Wilfred and St Hilda
– Children’s Ministry Advisor: Sharon Pritchard
– Diocesan Leader of Youth Mission and Ministry: Andy Harris
– Diocese of Antsiranana, Indian Ocean: Rt Revd Theophile Botomazava
– Those working to reduce the effects of climate change
– Hart, St Mary Magdalene and Elwick Hall St Peter: PiC Revd Canon Janet Burbury, PM: Mrs Anne Johnson
– St Peter’s Elwick CE Primary School Exec Head: Mrs Jo Heaton, Head of Schools: Mrs K Hill
– Ministry Development Advisor: Revd Canon Dr Alan Bartlett
– The Diocese of Araucanía – Iglesia Anglicana de Chile
– The emergency services, Ambulance Service, Fire Brigade, Police for safety
– St Hild’s School; Headteacher: Tracey Gibson,
– Diocesan Deliverance Ministry Team
– Diocese of the Arctic, Canada: The Rt Revd David Parsons
– The Homeless and those who work to address homelessness
From the Parish Cycle
Those living in
Secretary of State for International Trade (President of the Board Of Trade)
Pray for manufacturing, commerce, retail, especially with overseas partners
Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
Churches Together in South Tyneside
This week’s Prayer Points pdf is available here.